The rambling escapist with clipped wings

Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Do I really care what labels are placed atop my head by friends.. elders etcetc..

As much as I like being socially agreeable and accepted into the LOVING arms of my peers..most of the time I do as I like and HOPEFULLY have not made any MAJOR enemies..

I try to be as true as my natural impluses lead me..

But that's JUST ME..

Hmmmm..You know.. Labels really do stick on you...I did not know how harshly it can affect a person..especially an extremely defensive one....until..TODAY..

Especially unfavourable Labels like SLOW..STOOPID..etc...It becomes a self manifesting prophecy..and the child grows to fear in the presense of the tyrant making these remarks making the child BUNGLE more..

The social stigma that comes about after that..leaves a dark imprint on the delicate and sensitive psyche of the youngsters..

Disrupts the balance that is needed for any learning to take place.

Tis a social responsibilty issue...a very heavy responsibility the educator has to assume for many tiny molehills have the potential to become mountains...

The methods used to push a child to advance..to progress is very important and should be customized towards each individual, Each child is different. If critisizing works on one it might not work for another.

Unless you are able to be free from biasness and not place preconceptual ideas on the personality of each individual based on some isolated incident, DON'T BE A CHILD EDUCATOR..

You will hurt some child...and as much as you hate to admit or choose to be in a state of denial because of your high-handed, egoistical sadistic ways, and lack of love obviously...for being caustic and impatient.

Child educators should not place labels on Kids.Period


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home