The rambling escapist with clipped wings

Monday, March 06, 2006

A Song of a friend to a friend by a friend

A Song of a friend to a friend by a friend.

I shan’t tell you to dry your tears,
And tell you that everything is gonna be alright.
Am not gonna lie that you’ll be fine,
Cos you’re just gonna take off and fly.
Your eyes are blind and so are mine.

Blood is let and the pale moon turns red.
Dew turns dry and the ill is dead.
Shadows of the fallen rise above the right.
The whispers of the madden resound in your lips,
The touch of the leper feels warm and you keep.
Tales are cast upon your stained face,
Burying the cries of the little heart beats
Love is lost. Love never keeps.

Sing the song my friend,
Of how you threw your dreams into the deep of the air that breathes death,
Of trust hidden under the cloaks of milky maiden’s folly,
Of hate for the love that was never there,
Of love that was granted and left.
Just there.

Stay if you want in gloom and sorrow,
For you know the restless and the unknowing would never follow.
Stay if you want in the pits and fire,
For you know the unfeeling and aimless would circle above.

You’d be alone my friend.
The dark will be darker and the storm that rages angrier.
The light will burn and blind.
You’d cry my friend.

My hands would remain at my side cool to the touch.
Soft and lifeless. Blood and priceless.
Hold if you want to,
But I can’t promise I won’t hide.
I falter. Am weak.
For I am I.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home