The rambling escapist with clipped wings

Friday, October 27, 2006

A song of the poor, lazy, quick tempered lassy that lives down the lane

A song of the poor, lazy, quick tempered lassy that lives down the lane...

Spending like a rich girl but am as poor as a pauper.
I haven’t much to give
I haven’t much to show
I haven’t much to offer
I haven’t much at all

Wasn’t born with beauty
Wasn’t born in riches
All I have is a quick tempered mouth
And a head full of nonsense

I dream of roaming the streets of Spain
Barefooted and careless
Running free in the Black Forest
Drinking by a river with the horses

Weaving romantic Istanbul
Perfumed Scents embraces
Sweaty Sticky in San Paulo
Tall Iced Tea in chilled glasses

Having a bagel in Manhattan
Tall boots, couture and Calendar dates filled
Combing the alleys of Lahore
Discovering flea markets and cool trinkets

Staring into the Nectar pool of Amritsar
Feeling the Marble neath my skin
Kissing the soil in Jerusalem
Singing a song in my heart


I dream of singing to the masses
With all my heart out with no stresses
Going to work in the mornings
With no jam and mad rushes

Having a decent boss or two
That I can give respect due
Walking down the halls of a campus
Notebook pens and tassels

But now I see me
And then I see you
Reality is what it is to be
Am aloof, alone, scared and strengthless

I wish I had the power to make it all go away
All pain and suffering just happiness in it’s place
I wish I had done more to get us out of this
And all time passed has been wasted.

I hate when I am rude
I hate to see you sick
I hate that I am weak
I hate that I don’t help much
Not ‘cos am busy but am lazy
And I wish am not too late

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home