The rambling escapist with clipped wings

Sunday, October 03, 2004

IT WILL BE COLD WEAR A JACKET..

A funny incident happened today.

You guys have seen my mom. Small tanned petite. And yes she definitely doesn’t look her age.
You guys have seen my dad. Round, fair and short. And well he doesn’t really look his age either.

But my Grandma calls my Dad OLD MAN.
This is his mentality.

My mom giggles and squeals
(Oh well..sometimes..she does.. she’s not all tyrannical :lol:)
This is her mentality.

So today they were to go to a wedding.. some family friend’s son.

Full Shot:
Camera tilts up to My Mom.
60s retro looks colour lilac and pink halter top and dark pants… and Pale lilac heels.

Absolutely sexy..With her long wild hair and make-up..
(If I aged like her..Cherisse would be a happy girl. *crosses fingers*)

Full Shot:
Camera pans to My Dad.
Dark Burgundy red top that MY MOM bought for him and black pants..and a pair of Clee shoes I bought for him from the States.
Dark hair and his rosy Cheeks.
(Looks weirdly like a Japanese Ojichan you see on the streets walking dogs in the park.)

BUT..
Camera zooms nearer:
He is wearing a cotton undershirt under his Burgundy top that is extremely obvious..now he has been conferred status as an OJIICHAN(notice the double iis)
*SLAPS FOREHEAD*

But that was not the main thing.
Flashback to 10 minutes earlier
Dad lies on the bed watching Channel U news, then he looks up with a look of discomfort at mom, I was putting on mascara for her as she always smudges her lids.

Dad: “ Eh.. Why must put so much make up..and you not cold ah”
Mom: “Where got a lot.. extra mascara only, Chinese restaurant not cold..sure very stuffy”

Happily mom dresses up. Smiles and all. Tries on a few jackets and shawls to go with her top. NONE FIT.. AWFUL MATCH.
Best if she just wore the top without any coverage. Decides to go just like that.

Flashfoward to Mom frowning as she sees Dad’s attire.

Mom: “Why must wear the top inside..like Ah Pek”
Dad: “Itchy Lah”

And he goes on to spray perfume.. MY MOM’S PERFUME..

Mom: “Why you spray women’s perfume.. we got that one for your birthday..Why you don’t use”
Dad: “So smelly. Not nice. I don’t like”

At this juncture..it is obvious to see that my dad is trying to be “funny” too free..finding trouble. My mom was obviously not happy as the perfume that we got him was expensive and nice smelling, and my dad was dragging time and being extremely slow in getting ready.
Finally dad is ready and they were about to leave the house.

Dad firmly:” IT WILL BE COLD WEAR A JACKET”
Mom: NO! Don’t Want.
Dad went downstairs leaving Mom at the door.
Mom storms in visibly agitated.
Mom: GRRR…YOUR STUPID DAD KEEP ASKING ME TO WEAR JACKET.

Then they left..
Vic came to me and said, the same thing happened the last time when you were not in Singapore and when they were celebrating my Grandma’s birthday. My mom was wearing the exact same top.
My dad insisted that my mom cover up.

These little things make me laugh.
After all these years old couples still have their insecurities.

Haha.. My dad should be happy.. that my mom still looks that good for her age..BUT NO..
IT WILL BE COLD WEAR A JACKET…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home